Learn a new Italian Word a day
* * * Learn a new Italian Word a day
– SBAGLIARE / SBA(DI)GLIARE: “Sbagliare” means to make a mistake, while “sbadigliare” to yawn.
– PRENDERE / PERDERE: they are opposite words. “Prendere” means to take” while “Perdere” means to loose.
– LAVARE / LAVORARE: at the beginning a lot of students got confused with them. “Lavare” is to wash, “Lavorare” to work.
– VOLERE / VOLARE: one is to want, the other is to fly.
– MENTO / MENTA: respectively chin versus mint.
– FOGLIO / FOGLIA: respectively sheet versus leaf.
– PARTITO / PARTITA: respectively party, faction versus game or match.
– PRIMO / PRIMA: respectively first versus before.
– PIANTO / PIANTA: respectively crying versus plant.
– PORTO / PORTA: respectively port, harbour versus door.
* * * Learn new Italian Word a day
Learn new Italian Word a day
Learn Italian with ITALIAN VIRTUAL SCHOOL
and take a
FREE Trial Class!